The strong UV rays during hot summer days make walking around without proper protection pretty much unbearable. Thus, we need to apply sunscreen regularly, wear lightweight, bright coloured clothes and keep out of the sun as much as possible. However, another cool and trendy way to protect yourself from the harmful effect of UV rays is to take your favourite summer hat with you. Summer hats for women can be found in lot of different colours and designs that can suit various occasions.
Whether you are headed to a party, beach, horse race, etc., there is a suitable hat that you can incorporate in your outfit. These modern pieces of accessories are the perfect way to turn a boring outfit into a stylish one. If you are considering to buy a hat to enrich your collection, here are some of the cutest models of summer hats for women you can choose from. Take a look at the basic categories.
- Functional hats – these are designed to provide you with shade and keep the sun away from your eyes. They are usually made from materials that allow your head to breathe such as woven straw, cotton, twill or other material that create a mesh.
- Fashionable hats – this type of hats were designed with few purposes in mind, to bring your outfit to a greater level and protect you from the heat. Fashionable hats afford you the chance to branch out from ordinary hats into some more esoteric styles.
- The middle ground – Not all types of hats fit into the functional or fashionable category. While the role of the hat is important, it is your personal preference that matters most. There are hundreds of different styles for different occasions. For example, a baseball cap worn with a logo-shirt and jeans can look great for casual summer nights out with friends.
- Wide brimmed hat – Wide brimmed hats have been popular for many centuries now. Staring from 1985 to 1941, these hats were seen on almost every woman throughout the years. Today, wide brimmed hats are coming back to the fashion industry as a great accessory for both protecting the sensitive face skin from the sun as well as for enriching stylish outfits. But when looking to buy the right brimmed hat for you, do not forget to consider your height and your face shape. Also, the hat you choose should have a lot to do with the clothing you plan to combine it with. If you are planning to wear your wide brimmed hat every day, then you should be more careful with your purchase and get yourself a more plain one.
- Fedora – Usually worn by men, fedora hats were especially popular in the 50s. They are one of the preferred choices for men and women since it fits perfectly in most of their summer outfits. But, not every fedora looks good on every head. The colour, the size and even the shape have to be right. Once bought, it needs to be taken proper care of for it to stay in a good shape. They are practical and classy hats that look smart and clean-cut on either women and men.
- Trilby hat – Very similar to fedoras, trilby hats are a little more than angular, shortened fedoras. They have the same crown shape, but the back side is quite shorter compared to the front side, creating an angle.
- Visor – These crownless head coverings with a bill were made to protect the eyes from the sun. Available in wide range of colours the most common materials for visors include, heavy twill, poly foam, cotton twill, brushed cotton, polyester, terry cloth, mesh, tweed and straw.
To sum up, when choosing a hat your personal preferences should be the crucial factor to make the purchase. First, choose the one that fits your intend, whether that be fashion or function. Then decide upon a specific style to suit your taste or needs and finally, make sure you select the right size and material. With your new hat, you are now ready to walk the streets and enjoy the summer your way.