Toys are the best and the safest way to stimulate and introduce babies to the world, simply because they are designed to stimulate not only their curiosity, but creativity as well. Thus buying toys for babies is a serious thing. If they are too simple, they will bore your baby. If they are too advanced, chances are they’ll end up more irritating than amusing your baby. However if you pick a toy that is appropriate for your baby’s age and skill level, hours of learning, exploration and pure fun are guaranteed.
Check out below our list of perfect toys for babies.
1. Plush and Soft Toys – Plush or soft toys are comforting to the touch and help with sensory development. From early months, babies are able to cuddle and chew on plush and soft toys, and as they grow, they can use the toy as a sleeping companion and playmate to mimic what they see going on around them.
2. Books – Although your baby is certainly too young to comprehend the idea of reading, books are a great way to not only spend quality time with your angel, but your baby will also benefit from the sound and tone of your voice. Studies have show that ‘the earlier babies are exposed to reading, the better they perform in school later in life’.
3. Building Blocks – When selecting proper toys for babies, stick to this rule – if the toy is versatile, your baby will be interested in it and will play with it longer. For example, building blocks are very versatile as they can be stacked different ways and knocked down. Your baby will probably enjoy more the knocking them over part of the game.
4. Wooden or Rubber Animals – Babies are simply in love with animals and as they grow, they try to imitate the sounds of favorite animals. Thus, animal toys for babies are a must. But rather than getting a collection of different animals, try to find little family (mommy, daddy and a baby) from the same animal species. This is a great way to foster role play.
5. Art and Design – Crayons and paper are one of the best ways for little ones to express their imagination and creativity. Choose block crayons that are natural, don’t brake as easily and have long lasting power.
It is important to mention that there is a fine line between having enough toys for babies to stimulate your precious one and having you home overtaken by the mess. The basic rule ‘less is more’ applies.