As fashion divas love wearing jewelry to emphasize their outstanding style, your room also needs a stylish boost to look its best. And I am not talking about some grand renovations here; you can spice up its design and bring it to another level simply by adding floor rugs that will perfectly suit the interior décor. No matter how trendy your home may be, the absence of some important details may make it look like something is missing from the picture. Beside providing warmth and comfort underneath your feet, rugs also have the power to aesthetically make or break the whole atmosphere in the room.
Either way, rugs are an essential part to complete the design puzzle, that is why while on the quest for finding the ideal one for your home, certain tips have to be considered in order for you to enjoy this piece of fabric for many years ahead. But before spending a small fortune on one, take a look at the different types of floor rugs and decide which type would perfectly blend in your perfect piece of paradise – your warm home. Varieties are vast, depending on the materials involved and the manufacturing process.
- Needle felted carpets – these rugs have compact fabric which is durable and suitable for areas with high traffic. You can opt for this type if you are frequently entertaining in your home and if your kids regularly have their friends over.
- Knotted rugs – the thread of these rugs is pulled through the backing material and it can be either handmade or machine made. They come in a variety of sizes and colours which makes them a rather suitable option for every room size and design.
- Woven rugs – these unique pieces are created on looms with many different coloured yarns. This is one of the oldest techniques of carpet making and that is one of the reasons why these carpets come at rather high prices.
- Flat weave rugs – easy to maintain, flat weave floor rugs are all you need to give your room a stylish boost that will change its atmosphere in the blink of an eye. Besides being so good-looking, these floor rugs are also very easy to clean and maintain. They come with stunning contemporary designs and can be purchased in different sizes according to your preferences.
- High pile floor rugs – if you aim to opt for a fluffier and softer surface to walk on in your home, high pile rugs are the ultimate choice. They consist of longer threads, are less prone to flattening, suitable for areas with less traffic and require more intensive cleaning and maintaining.
- Low-pile rugs – On the other hand, these are the complete opposite of their luxurious version. They are composed of tightly woven fibers, are very easy to clean and are suitable for places with a higher traffic frequency.
- Embroidered rugs – As the last to mention variety and the most expensive one, the royal version of floor rugs. These unique piece of fabric are hand stitched onto a cotton or linen backing held by a frame and feature realistic, three dimensional patterns and intricate designs. An interesting fact is that Mary Queen of Scots is an example of passionate embroider that left astonishing needlework you may find interesting to see here.