The most frequent question that pops out on every parents blog, is how to keep your kids busy during the summer break? How to spend quality time with your kids? What activities should you try? No need to panic! Just go with the standard fun crafts! Remember, parenting is not about following a set of strict rules. When the time is right, you will know exactly what makes your kids happy and what keeps them entertained. You will find plenty of games and activities that seem exciting and educational. It’s up to you to decide which ones will entertain and educate your kids.
One thing is for sure, though – children need attention! They absorb information pretty fast, especially if done through play and crafts. For example, if you want your kids to eat more vegetables, you can make up a game where they will have to prepare their own food. It’s simple as that. Your kids will be proud of their creations and will of course, eat it. You should remember one thing – crafts and activities should be your constant parenting companions. With that said, bellow is a list of suggested fun crafts to do with your kids and have some fun.
Make a Flower Pipe Cleaner Necklace
Surprise your little princess with one-of-a-kind flower necklace. Of course, don’t forget to involve her in the making process as well. Given the fact that girls love jewelry, this is a perfect craft project for crafty mom and daughter duos. And, it’s pretty easy to make.
You will need: fake flowers, pipe cleaners and hot glue gun.
- Take one pipe cleaner and fold it in two.
- Pull the flowers off the plastic stem.
- Glue the flower to the end of the pipe cleaner.
- Repeat the previous step, according to the size of your girl’s head.
- Then, slip one flower through another and tie.
- Connect all pipe cleaners to create a circle and get a nice looking necklace.
Painted Nature Collage
Another good way to bond with your kids and have fun, is to take them out in the forest. That’s one of the best ways to teach your kids how to appreciate the nature and teach them something new about it. Sundays are perfect for such trips. Explore some new trails and encourage your kids to collect the things they like (sticks, rocks, seeds, shells). When you return home you can make a nice painted nature collage.
- Get a picture frame, take out the glass and have your kid fill it with an air-dry clay.
- Ask your children to pick out the objects they want to put inside the frame and let them have fun. They can arrange the objects however they want. Let them be creative and learn at the same time.
- Leave the clay to dry for few days and hang the art collage in their room. They will be proud of their hand made painting.
Rainbow Sea Shells
Who does not have a bunch of sea shells from trips to beach. Why not use them for your next fun parent-kids project. Get different colour paint and together with your kids paint the sea shells. This is a super fun outdoor activity.
- Wash the sea shells and let them dry.
- Pour the colours in different containers.
- Drop a shell in one container, and keep it in for few minutes.
- Then use a spoon to take the shell out, and leave it to dry on a clean cloth.
You can arrange the shells in a frame and hang this piece of art in your kids’ room.